1. Winters can (and often do) Start Early
- On October 4, 2013 North Dakota and South Dakota had a storm with 70 MPH winds and 50+ inch accumulations of snow. It is important to note that it was the amount of snow that fell and not the date that made it memorable. Bottom line, winter in the Dakotas often start early and stay late.
2. Winters in ND and SD include lows of -40 and wind up to 70MPH
Freezing temperatures and high winds start early in the North country and no "arctic package" or "winterized trailer" will avoid frozen and broken pipes if they spend a winter in ND/SD. That is not even to mention the cold feet from the floors. There is only one RV that does not need Skirting in ND. It is a Subzero solutions and has walls with an R factor of 45-52. If you don't have one of these, you need skirting.
3. When the weather turns cold, things get smaller
It's not just your little partner downstairs that loses length when the weather gets cold, vinyl skirting does as well. When the weather gets cold the skirting pulls on the snaps on your trailer and will break them off. To add to that, there is no sealant behind the snaps so even if the skirting does not pull it off, the water that leaks into the small cracks will expand and contract until they break off of your "usually expensive" RV.
Also, we like to say that "buttons and snaps leave gaps". Usually they are spaced 10-12" apart and that means 10-12" for the heat to escape out and the cold air to get in. Did we mention 70MP winds?
4. Our System plus a small heater will take you straight through a ND winter
The key is our Patented Channel System. Unlike buttons and snaps that leave gaps it creates an airtight lock that keeps the cold air out and the warm air in. We also run a bead of silicone that seals it tight against the RV and the skirting is allowed to slides along the channel as it expands and contracts.
5. When winter hits, we get busy
Many people wait to order skirting until the weather hits in September/October. We will make you a skirt and get it as fast as we can but we can't control weather that sets our schedule back and can do damage to your trailer. We recommend ordering early.
Call us (855-937-5478) if you are interested in a free quote and to find out when we are in your area. Or for more information, Click Here.