5 Things RV'ers in the Northeastern states need to Know about Winters
1. Winters can (and often do) Start Early
- In 2014 there was storm that dumped 70"+ if snow on November 12. It is important to note that it was the date and not the amount of snow that made it memorable.
- Bottom line, winter in the North East often start early and stay late.
2. Winters in include lows below ZERO and Massive Snow Accumilations
Freezing temperatures and high winds start early that close to Canada and no "arctic package" or "winterized trailer" will guarantee no frozen and broken pipes if they spend a winter in that far north. That is not even to mention the cold feet from the floors.
There is only one RV that does not need RV Skirting. It is a Subzero solutions and has walls with an R factor of 45-52. If you don't have one of these, you need skirting.
3. When the weather turns cold, things get smaller
It's not just your little partner downstairs that loses length when the weather gets cold, vinyl skirting does as well. When the weather gets cold the skirting pulls on the snaps on your trailer and will break them off. To add to that, there is no sealant behind the snaps so even if the skirting does not pull it off, the water that leaks into the small cracks will expand and contract until they break off of your "usually expensive" RV.
Also, we like to say that "buttons and snaps leave gaps". Usually they are spaced 10-12" apart and that means 10-12" for the heat to escape out and the cold air to get in. Did we mention the winds and blowing snow?
4. Our System plus a small heater will take you straight through a North Dakota or Maine winter
We have been working in North Dakota the last 6 years and if our skirting will work there, it will work anywhere. The key is our Patented Channel System. Unlike buttons and snaps that leave gaps, it creates an airtight lock that keeps the cold air out and the warm air in. We also run a bead of silicone that seals it tight against the RV and the skirting is allowed to slides along the channel as it expands and contracts.
5. When winter hits, we get busy
Many people wait to order skirting until the weather hits in October/November. We will make you a skirt and get it as fast as we can but we can't control weather that sets our schedule back and can do damage to your trailer. We recommend ordering early.
Call us (855-937-5478) if you are interested in a free quote and to find out when we are in your area. Or for more information, Click Here.